We are almost ready to vote! We need to hear what sort of contract you want!
Our card drive is entering the home stretch! Help us get a better idea of what graduate workers are most concerned about so please take a moment now and fill it out.
What can unions do for you? Here are a few examples from other universities:
- Solid training before new graduate employees enter the classroom, including a hand in creating training. (U of Mich)
- Graduate worker input on class sizes, clear policies on maximums (U of Mich)
- Graduate worker representation in an array of university level decision making bodies: child care issues (U of Mich), as well as health and safety (U Conn)
- Paid leave (U Conn, U of Iowa)
- Clear rules on extended leaves (including medical and parental leave) (U Conn)
- Increased access to parking (compared to undergraduates) (U Conn)
Why do unions work for PSU? See the responses:
If you haven’t seen our new facebook page, check it out and see the reasons PSU grad workers want a union. Here are some of our favorites:
Who the hell are we anyway?
The CGE has always been a student-run effort. You can always come to our happy hours or our events to find out, but PSU still seems confused about this. Read our explanation here!